Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Hello! Now is it rude or is it not so nice to show your tummy when pregnant?! According to people of Chatham if you got it you flant it but really talking to people like for example my mother in law and her generation it is like showing your private bits therefore not very nice or polite and it certainly does not vouch for inteligent people. So what shall I do? Well, since I can understand both those who think its the most beautiful thing in the world carrying a baby ( a bit like we love watching baby kanguroo's being carried by their mummies?!). Also, I guess there are many man and women who are not carrying babies but have imense bellies (I totally understand those who suffer medical conditions...however these are not the ones I am mentioning) and if we are inclined to be kind to them and such why do we criticise women who are only showing something that is a miracle really?!!and only for a relativley short period of time? I come from the culture where yes, you keep it wrapped up or under cover however I lately gotten thinking about this matter. People often feel the need to touch pregger's bellies now why on earth is that?!!- Is it that its such an amazing thing and they unconciously want to be part of it?! Or is it that people deep down know that it should be exposed and looked at and admired?!Or is it just a culture that no one can stop happening because they know nothing better to replace it with.
During my pregnancies I had several man tell me how gorgeous I looked how they found me sexi...now what is that all about?! (I know I am open and perhaps they felt safe enough to tell me this just like that... but hellooooooo what is this?) I am strating to think that maybe the subject of pregnant women and their belongings need to be explored more thoroughly by Brits but not only. The wierdest thing I had been asked by a man recently was : would you please let me have some breastmilk when you have your baby?! luckily I was holding on to a puschair at the time and I know him well not to have fainted...but really what is that all about. To his defence he is single very single, loves kids and the idea of families and being middle age (that makes it worse doesn;t it) I guess there must be a sense of not wanting to miss out...! But really to be honest
with all my best willing I think the answer to that question is NO. There are private things and there are things that one can make public...and there should be a line just there is a line in everything else in life. Back to bumps and weather they should be exposed...I believe its a intimate and private matter. If someone feels they can and feel able to for all the right reasons they should cause if criticism hits them they will cope with it well....others should not do it if they are not up for dealing with the negatives of it. Its a bit like breastfeeding...(:)) for some its the most natural and ok thing to do weather on a bus, in a caffee, your house ....while for others its like the worst nightmere in the world and they feel it makes them feel rather like cows and animals...:)) phewwww that is certainly another issue that one should tackle...if they must...

Well, my belly is mine and I decided to show it to you all because I think it is a nice one and a big one....my first one was strange cause it was the first one...this feels more natural and although big and uncomfortable its mine part of me and part of the miracle of making!:)
There is another reason of course that people might feel the need to expose it and take pictures, moulds of it etc....remember I am 5 weeks away from giving birth and when you get to this stage...you look down see something but only from one angle....and you kind a become used to it and then wonder just how it looks from other angles?! Ah well now I know....

Poor Zack in there...have not said much about you sweety but I am longing to see you and meet you and hold you and be amazed by you. I love you inside out!:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment